Smith's Official Takes Swift Action for Los Alamos Girl Scouts!
Marsha Gilford, vice president of Public Affairs for Smith’s Food & Drug Stores, Inc. in Salt Lake City contacted the Los Alamos Daily Post Wednesday after learning that area businesses had to come to the aid of local Girl Scouts, who due to policy changes, would be allowed only two days to sell cookies in front of the Smith's stores in Los Alamos and White Rock this year.
"I was abhorred to read the story about the Girl Scout cookie fiasco on the Los Alamos Daily Post today and immediately asked my assistant, who books Girl Scouts throughout our 131 stores in seven states, to call her contact in the Girl Scout Council office in Albuquerque," Gilford said in an email. "Bottom line - there was some miscommunication and we have booked a total of 12 days for cookie sales at the White Rock store and 12 days at the Los Alamos store into March."
Girl Scout Leader Cori Grider of Troop 10019 in White Rock expressed delight at hearing the good news this morning.
"I am happy to hear the misunderstanding has been cleared up," Grider said, adding that Smith's has always been so good about partnering with the local Scout troops and she also expressed appreciation to the many businesses that stepped up to allow the Girl Scouts to sell cookies in front of their locations this year.
Along with the 12 days at Smith's in Los Alamos and White Rock, Girl Scouts will be selling cookies at the following locations in March:
- Manhattan Project Bar & Grill: (formerly Dixie Girl) Saturday/Sunday noon-4p.m. or 6 p.m.
- Pajarito Brewpub & Grill: Saturday/Sunday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Hot Rocks Java Cafe: Monday-Friday 4-5 p.m.
- Metzger's in Los Alamos and White Rock: Fridays 4-6 p.m. / Saturday/Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Reel Deal Theater: Fridays 4-6 p.m. / Saturday/Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Starbucks: Fridays 4-8 p.m.
- LANB: Feb. 28 4-6 p.m. / March 21 4-6 p.m.
- Smith's in Los Alamos and White Rock: March 1, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. / March 8, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.