Los Alamos Daily Post Launches Candidate Video Series
Today the Los Alamos Daily Post launched its first of four sets of video-taped conversations with candidates running for office in the 2012 election cycle.
New Mexico House Dist. 43 Republican candidate Jim Hall and Democratic opponent Stephanie Garcia Richard are featured in this video discussing the issues in a conversational format conducted this evening at the Los Alamos Daily Post headquarters in the Small Business Development Center in downtown Los Alamos.
The video series concludes Wednesday evening with the Los Alamos County Council candidates including Democrats Kristin Henderson, Michael Redondo and Pete Sheehey and Republicans Marc Clay, Steven Girrens and incumbent Councilor Vincent Chiravalle.
The Council candidates are being paired at random and answering questions about topics that affect the lives of the people throughout the community.
The video interviews with the Council candidates will be published in the Los Alamos Daily Post Thursday.
The questions posed to Hall and Richard were:
1. What are some of your top legislative priorities for the next House session and how are you uniquely qualified to tackle those priorities?
2. Tell us about your personal beliefs and how they will factor into your legislative choices on the following big issues:
- potential Medicaid expansion
- women's reproductive rights
- illegal immigration and driver's licenses
- improving New Mexico's educational system