Friday Night Out Events at the Library
MESA PUBLIC LIBRARY News:
Kick off a summer full of programs and events at the library during its special Summer Faire Friday June 8.
All ages are welcome to stop by Mesa Public Library from 3-9 p.m. for full library services and a wide variety of activities and events.
- Learn about the library’s new eBooks and eAudiobook selections. Bring in your eReader or other mobile device to have library staff walk you through checking out digital media.
- Stop by the gallery opening for Henry C. Finney’s new exhibit, Images for the Fire Gate Poems. Refreshments, poetry reading, and a great exhibit in a variety of media from 7-8:30 p.m. in the Upstairs Gallery.
- Find new books to read as suggested by library staff and community members.
- Sign up for summer reading: there are incentives and programs for all ages.
- Try out a few games on the library’s Wii.
- Have a seat and play a board game that takes 20 minutes or four hours. The library will have games on-hand and people can bring their own to play.
- Hear about all the amazing events the library has going on all summer from its authors speak series to cult classic films.
From 9 p.m. to midnight, adults 18 and older are invited to stay on and game until their eyes cross or all of Catan is properly settled (whichever comes first).
This is only the beginning of a summer full of amazing events at the library!
The library is hosting poetry readings on Friday nights at 7 p.m. in June, in the Upstairs Rotunda, featuring local poets, so come on by:
June 15 Mike Katko and David Schiferl will read
June 22 David Mutschlecner and Jane Lin will read.
Lin is a library volunteer and regular host for the Poetry Gathering series, which meets on the second Thursday of each month. People are encouraged to bring their poetry to the Gathering as well.