FBI Volunteer Internship Program Seeks Applicants
The 2013 FBI Volunteer Internship Program (VIP) is open for students to apply through Oct. 22 at the following link: https://www.fbijobs.gov/239.asp
All applications will be processed through the FBI’s job website and students must meet the required qualifications at the time of submission.
Direct questions to the FBI Albuquerque Applicant/Recruiting Program via the main number, 505-889-1300.
Volunteer Internship Program Overview
The FBI Volunteer Internship Program is an unpaid internship opportunity that offers undergraduates (Junior or Senior), graduates or post-doctorate students throughout the country an exciting insider's view of FBI operations and an opportunity to explore career opportunities within the Bureau.
The Volunteer Internship Program allows students to work at select Field Offices and FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C. from June 3, 2013 to Aug. 9, 2013.
FBI Volunteer Interns will spend ten rewarding weeks in the summer working side-by-side with FBI employees on a whole array of organizational matters and in some instances important cases that are vital to the FBI's mission.
After completing a summer internship, volunteer internships opportunities are also available throughout the year at selected offices.
With few exceptions, interns will be assigned to FBI Headquarters, the Criminal Justice Information Services in West Virginia and in the 56 field offices.
It is crucial that candidates are aware that the travel and commuting costs are the sole responsibility of the student.
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be enrolled in a college or university that is accredited by one of the regional or national institutional associations recognized by the United States Secretary of Education
- Classified as an Undergraduate (Junior or Senior), Graduate or Post Doctorate Student currently enrolled full-time (a participant cannot be graduating before the program begins)
- Prior to applying and during the program students must have and maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale and be in good standing with their academic institution
- Must be willing to participate for a term of at least 10 weeks or longer, 40 hours per week (during summer only).
- Continuance during the school year for a minimum of 16 hours per month requires a satisfactory rating from supervisor at the end of the 10 week summer program and space available within the Field Office, resident agency or Headquarters division.
- Must be available if selected to participate in the 2013 Internship program from June 3, 2013 - Aug. 9, 2013
- Must meet FBI employment suitability standards, including policies regarding current and prior usage of illegal drugs, and must be able to pass a comprehensive background check, polygraph test, drug test, and personnel security interview (PSI)