DNCU Announces Seven Scholarship Recipients for 2014
Del Norte Credit Union, Northern New Mexico’s hometown financial co-op, is pleased to announce the winners of the DNCU Scholarship Program for 2014. The seven winners each will receive $1,000 toward the higher education program in which they are enrolled in the fall of 2014.
“We are deeply committed to supporting young people in Northern New Mexico as they make significant advances toward a brighter future,” said Chuck Valenti, President and CEO of Del Norte Credit Union. “While financial literacy is a core DNCU philosophy, education in all its dimensions is just as important. We wish the winners well.”
DNCU’s Scholarship Award is a $1,000 award given to members in good standing who are in pursuit of higher education at any college, university, or vocational school. Winners are chosen based on their academic record, work experience, statement of goals, and demonstrated leadership in their schools and communities. Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship Management Services, a division of Scholarship America.
The DNCU Scholarship winners for 2014:
- Ethan Clements– Los Alamos High School, Los Alamos
- Eliana Griego – McCurdy Charter School, Española
- Brianna Farrier – St. Michael’s High School, Santa Fe
- Tobias Raymer – Santa Fe High School, Santa Fe
- Joshua Trujillo – Española Valley High School, Española
- Jesse Yelvington – Pojoaque Valley High School, Pojoaque
- Mohit Dubey – New Mexico School for the Arts, Santa Fe
About Del Norte Credit Union
Chartered in 1954 as Los Alamos Scientific Lab Credit Union, Del Norte Credit Union is dedicated to helping its members achieve their financial goals by being a trusted source of unbiased financial advice. Today DNCU serves 14 counties in Northern New Mexico and more than 40,000 members. DNCU marks its 60th anniversary this year.